Personal Lines Takeout Information
Safepoint has been approved by the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) to participate in an assumption of Personal Lines policies from Citizens Property Insurance Corporation.
We are currently working through the identification of which individual policies we are selecting for the assumption. You can access the Safepoint Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here to review answers to some of your most likely questions. Agents will be provided a list of our policy selection by Citizens.
In the new Personal Lines Depopulation process for 2019, policyholders and agents should no longer send documents directly to takeout companies. Instead, to elect to remain with Citizens, or to accept an assumption offer, the policyholder will fill out the Policyholder Choice Form and submit it to Citizens. Policyholders can also reach out to their agents, who can register the choice into the Policy Center System.
We would like insureds and agents to understand that submitting forms to takeout companies may delay and possibly prevent a choice being registered. If you receive a Policyholder Choice Form, please return it to the policyholder and advise that forms should only be submitted by using one of the methods indicated on the form itself.
The methods are as below:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 844.850.9493
- Mail: Citizens Property Insurance Corporation, PO Box 17869, Jacksonville, FL 32245
The insured can also contact their agent to register their choice. This may be the preferred option if the deadline is nearing.
To compare how Safepoint’s Coverage compares to your Citizens policy download the coverage comparison document for your type of policy:
- Compare Dwelling Fire (Named Peril) Tenants Contents – DP1T
- Compare Dwelling Fire (Named Peril) Condo Owners – DP1C
- Compare Dwelling Fire (Named Peril) Dwelling – DP1D
- Compare Dwelling Fire (Open Perils) Tenants Contents – DP3T
- Compare Dwelling Fire (Open Perils) Condo Owners – DP3C
- Compare Dwelling Fire (Open Perils) Dwelling – DP3D
- Compare Homeowners – HO3
- Compare Renters – HO4
- Compare Condo Unit Owners – HO6
- Compare Wind Only Homeowners – HW2
- Compare Wind Only Renters – HW4
- Compare Wind Only Condo Unit Owners – HW6
For more information about the Citizens Depopulation process, click here.
Safepoint Insurance believes you should carefully consider our offer of coverage. Here are some important reasons why:
- AM Best Rated
- Coverage will be provided by an admitted, private insurer, thus reducing potential assessments and benefiting all Floridians.
- SafePoint provides many additional coverage options not offered by Citizens. Please refer to our Coverage Comparison.
- SafePoint offers several payment options (semi-annual, quarterly) to assist you with budgeting your premiums.
- SafePoint will provide superior customer service, efficient and fast policy service, and expedited claims handling.
- SafePoint has a dedicated Claims Team to handle claims efficiently and quickly, providing peace of mind.
- As a Citizens policyholder, they are subject to special Citizens surcharges if Citizens sustained significant losses, along with required Citizens rate increases.